Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Good Luck Scarlet Knights!

 It has been a while since the last entry, and I am kicking off this sailing trip with a message to the girls of the Morris Hills fencing team. They have their "sweet sixteen" meet in the NJ State fencing finals tonight, and I will not be there to add my cheers to the throng. However, through the kindness of some friends, I will be kept in the loop of what is going on, and I will be cheering in spirit, not only tonight, but each night as they advance.

To the girls I would like to say that my admiration and respect for each of you has nothing to do with what goes on the scoreboard, and everything to do with how you all conduct yourselves, both on and off the strip. I have never seen any of you quit, even when it seemed victory was not possible. You always push forward and just keep going for that next touch. And whether it goes your way or not, your are always gracious towards your opponent. I am proud to know you all, and nothing that happens tonight will change that. Go out there, fight hard, and have a great time. I hope you can hear my cheers from where ever I am to the strip where you fence. And I hope to see you all at Forte soon! - Jay Lefever

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for always cheering us on! No matter where you are, you will always be in my heart, and I will always be grateful for your support. -Vanessa